Of Course You Can PAINT!
Time & Location
About the Event
In this 8-week course, you will not only learn the basics of acrylic painting, but also the fundamentals of color theory, basic design principles, depth, value, how to use light and shadow to render three-dimensional objects, and finally, the skillful use of atmospheric depth, to make your art stand out in an ethereal, dreamy way.
We will be starting slowly, with basic paint application, then moving on to gradients, then we will learn value and perspective.
In each bite-size class, we will create a completed painting that you can proudly admire and take home, and see the progress you make every single time.
You can bring your own art supplies (list of needed materials at the bottom), or, you can purchase them at the studio on the first day.
The supply fee is $70, and will provide these materials:
1. Liquitex Basics 6 4-oz tube Acrylic Paint set
2. 10 Pcs Paint Brush Set with Carrying Case
3 .Canson XL “Oil & Acrylic pad”, 11”/14”, 24 sheets
4 .17-well Plastic Painting Palette
5. Enough gesso, slow-dry blending medium, and gloss varnish as needed for your projects.
However, you may bring any comparable materials of your choice.
The registration is OPEN until SEPTEMBER 24. Please place your course (and the materials, if applicable) orders by then.
The seats are limited to 10, to keep the students comfortably distanced.
Let me know if you have any questions!
(you may acquire the brands suggested, or any other brands and sizes you prefer.)
- Liquitex Basics Acrylic paints: https://amzn.to/3ye15Z6
- Paint Brushes: https://amzn.to/2WjRKBY
- Palette knives-(optional), 5 pack https://amzn.to/3myKfSz
- Gesso: https://amzn.to/3guUovM
5. Canson Oil & Acrylic pad, 11”/14” 24 sheets https://amzn.to/3BpL7gn
Or: Canvas pad, watercolor pad( 300 gsm) or stretched canvas
Palette (optional, you can use a paper plate if you wish): https://amzn.to/3yeWnKD
- Varnish-optional: https://amzn.to/389xSnx
- Acrylic Painting Course$160$1600$0